Sound Devices PIX 240i features an IPS (In-Plane Switching) display. This new technology yields a brighter, sharper image with improved color accuracy and excellent off-axis performance. This attractive display provides immediate confirmation of recording, playback, audio metering, and Setup Menu selections. Monitor brightness, contrast and chroma adjustments are available for customized viewing needs.
The PIX 240i adds Quicktime recording using Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD to any HDMI or HD-SDI equipped high-definition video camera. The portable PIX 240i records Quicktime files to CompactFlash cards or removable 2.5-inch solid-state hard drives.
Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD video formats have emerged as industry standards. These I-frame codecs offer the best in picture quality, processing efficiency, and data storage requirements.
They are ideal for editing, on-the-fly color grading, and video processing. Files recorded in the field on a PIX recorder are ready for the most popular editorial workflows.
- 5-inch IPS (In-Plane Switching), glossy, 800x480 pixel LCD display
- Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD codec at multiple data rates
- Quicktime file type
- 10-bit input video resolution
- Monitor functions including False Color, Zebra Stripes, 1:1 Pixel Mapping, Peaking Filter
- Frame rate conversion and de-interlacing capabilities.
- Up/Down/Cross Conversion of 480i, 525i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Aspect ratio conversion
- 3:2 Pulldown Removal
- Ultra low-noise (-128 dBu) mic preamps with phantom, limiters, line input (based on 7-Series recorders)
- Ability to defeat audio output delay while maintaining audio/ video sync on recorded file
- CompactFlash or removable 2.5-inch solid-state drive file storage with media spanning, UDF format for Mac OS and Windows compatibility
- High-accuracy built-in time code generator, with genlock and word clock output (PIX 240i only)
- Large, illuminated, tactile buttons for fast and simple menu control
- Simultaneous HDMI and HD-SDI output (PIX 240i only)
- 336-core, 32-bit massively parallel processor with 1.2 TeraOps for efficient video encoding
- 10-18 VDC and dual L-series battery powering
- Metalized, molded carbon fiber chassis